- Safe & Vault Company Limited is committed to preserving the privacy of all visitors to our websites at www.atmsafe.co.uk, www.safeandvaultcompany.co.uk and www.opulentsafes.com. We do this in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the new GDPR rules.
- By registering or placing an order on this website, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
Information That we Collect from You
- When you visit, register or order products or services on www.atmsafe.co.uk, www.safeandvaultcompany.co.uk and www.opulentsafes.com you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, contact details, billing and shipping details and credit or debit card information.
Use of Your Information
- Your information will enable us to provide you with access to all parts of our website and to supply the goods or services you have requested. It will also enable us to bill you and to contact you where necessary concerning your orders. To fulfill the order or service we use outside shipping companies and installers these companies do not personally use your personal data for any other reason.
- Certain items we supply may be shipped directly from the manufacturers warehouse. In these instances we will provide the manufacturer with your shipping address and contact details so that delivery can be made. These companies do not personally use your personal data for any other reason.
- www.atmsafe.co.uk, www.safeandvaultcompany.co.uk and www.opulentsafes.com may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
- We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments
- We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails
- We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- We will not email you in the future unless you have given us consent. We will provide you the opportunity to opt-out of having your personal information used for this purpose when we ask you for this information.
- Where you have consented, we might use your information to let you know by email about other products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
- We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
- Any information we collect is not sold to any third parties.
- Order information is retained for seven years in accordance with our legal obligations to keep records for tax purposes.
- Enquiries made to our company by email or phone will be retained for a year after which will delete it.
- In order to process goods or services purchased from us we will pass on your information. This is required where your order is shipped directly from a manufacturer and is retained by them for warranty purposes and also for their own tax records. You might need to be contacted to book in a delivery date either from either www.atmsafe.co.uk, www.safeandvaultcompany.co.uk and www.opulentsafes.com or a third party. Where we ship your order directly from our stock we will use our own engineers and vehicles or Royal Mail to process the shipment.
- Web server information – we use a third party to host our website. The server automatically logs your IP address and other information such as date, time and pages accessed. This helps us to help identify and prevent unauthorised access to our network. This also helps us to be aware of cyber attacks.
- Google Analytics – when someone visits www.atmsafe.co.uk, www.safeandvaultcompany.co.uk and www.opulentsafes.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
- Realex Payments – when you place an order on our website or over the telephone and choose to pay by debit or credit card we will use Realex Payments to process your payment. Payment is not fully processed until your order is processed for dispatch. This is required to pay for goods or services that you order from us. Their privacy statement can be seen below:
- PayPal – when you place an order by our website and choose to pay using PayPal you will be directed to make payment on their website. This is required to pay for goods or services that you order from us. Their privacy statement can be seen below:
- When you use our live chat service, we automatically collect the following information: IP address, browser type and operating system.
- We may also collect your name, phone number, email address and any other information which you provide to us via the live chat service. This information is stored on their servers.
- Email Marketing – as part of the order process you can sign up for our e-newsletter, if you have purchased from us previously we may also send you our e-newsletter if you do not wish to receive it please unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of the email. We do not rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
- We use a third-party provider, Send in Blue or Mailchimp, to deliver our newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see below for their privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing us using the contact us form.
Disclosure of Your Information
- Safe & Vault Company Ltd reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
- Cookies are small text files, with ID tags that are stored on your device (computer / mobile / tablet) when visiting certain websites. Cookies keep track of your movements on the site to track whats in your shopping basket and provide functions to improve your shopping experience.
- To order products on our website you need cookies enabled. Internet cookies are common and will not cause any harm to your device. No personally identifiable information is stored within cookies; therefore we recommend you leave these switched on.
- Online ordering: Essential during online transactions, for example to remember what products you have put in your shopping basket as you navigate to different sections on the website. These cookies are strictly necessary for the operation of our website.
What Types of Cookies do we Use
- Session ID Cookies: Session cookies are created temporarily in your browsers subfolder while you are visiting our website. They allow the site to remember content from page to page, for example the shopping basket. This cookie expires when you leave the site or close the browser.
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookie files remain in your browsers subfolder and are activated again once you visit the website that created that particular cookie.
- A persistent cookie remains in the browsers subfolder for the duration period set within the cookies file. They have a defined TTL or Time To Live and will expire after this time. To find out more about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Accepting and Deleting Cookies
- To order products on www.safeandvaultcompany.co.uk and www.opulentsafes.com you need to have your cookies enabled. If you decline cookies you may lose some of the beneficial website functions of cookies. If you experience problems ordering due to cookies being turned off on your device please call to place an order on 0113 274 4627. To check if cookies are enabled on your device, please follow the steps below. Alternatively, view your browsers help pages or information on how to manage cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Click on Tools and then Internet Options
Select Privacy tab to view your settings
Move the slider to your preferred settings
Click on Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP) and then click Options
Select Privacy option
Check Accept Cookies from sites to enable cookies, uncheck to disable cookies.
Select Content Settings within Privacy
Select your own preferred settings;
Safari for Mac
Click on Safari, then select Preferences
Click Privacy to view Cookie preferences (Note: Safari blocks third-party cookies by default)
From the Home screen choose Settings > Safari
Under Privacy Select Accept Cookies to view if cookies are enabled
Open Browser>Menu>Setting>Privacy and Security
- We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our website.
- Sensitive and private data exchange between our website and its users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our website is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for users.
- Our payment system is provided by Worldpay providing additional security and peace of mind for our users.
- As you may know, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100 percent secure. While we strive to use all commercially acceptable methods to protect your personal data, we can not guarantee its absolute security.
Accessing and Updating
- You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us at email@example.com. We are entitled by law to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.